Monday, February 21, 2011

Mother Nature: 3 - Me: 0

Well, it looks like Mother Nature won again.

We received about 17 more inches of snow yesterday. Today we were expected to receive another 1-3 inches. However, M.N. won again. We've been in a constant snow storm all day. I'd guess we've gotten another 6-7 inches. My apt. borders the #1, and #2 cities with the highest snowfall records from this storm. Go figure.

I have things to do tonight, damnit. So if this snow doesn't just quit it already, I'm going to throw a fit. A big, hysterical, crazy, immature, embarrassing fit.

Oh, a little FYI...

This blog quickly turned into a half-assed fashion blog and I'm not so much liking it. Although I love shopping & try to stay on top of the latest trends, fashion is just not my forte. I'm a follower, not a leader, and if you're not going to be a trend-setter, then who really cares what you have to say about fashion? You're just blogging about somebody else's ideas anyways. So, I've decided to stick with what I'm good at...complaining, gossiping, and the occassional cute pair of heels. Cool? Great!

Hopefully I can still come up with some mildly entertaining things to blog about. We'll just have to wait and see!

I've been planning on starting college, finally, this summer. I have been completely set on being a nurse, but, as always, I think I may have changed my mind again. I'm considering a business degree right now. I'm also considering taking a class at DCTC with Jess on Event Planning. I really think that it would be something I could potentially be really interested in doing more full time in the future. Not to mention, Jess and Heather are currently in the works of starting a photography company, and Jess showed some interest in taking me on as a photographer in the future when their company gets up on it's feet. So, I figure, yes - I do have 4 years of event planning experience under my belt, but this class apparently gets you "licensed" in event planning, which would be totally helpful in my endeavor to find my calling in life. I think I'd really like to be a wedding planner. So, as of now my plan is to become a certified/licensed event planner by next winter & begin my journey to receiving an associates degree in business management. Then we'll start thinking about frying bigger fish, like maybe a bachelors degree? EEEEEk. Scurrrry. =] My ambitions sure make my parents proud. It's my lack of follow thru that really let's them down...

Adios, my friends.

"Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down, or polishes us up depends on us."
Thomas L. Holdcroft

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're the best!