Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Minnesota to California, and everywhere in between...

My mom moved to California, this past weekend. San Diego to be exact. We left at about 8:30 am on Thursday the 6th, and arrived at about 5 am Sunday the 9th. It was the longest drive of my life, though it was very worth it. I was thankful to have the opportunity to say goodbye to my mom over a 3 day roadtrip, and one beautiful day spent on the coast. It amazed me how breathtaking it was there. I've always known, and appreciated, the beauty of Minnesota, but never quite understood the beauty the rest of the world held. And to think, there's still an entire world outside of the US that I've yet to see. I am going to miss my mom terribly. On the bright side though - I now have a reason to go to California again.

La Jolla, CA
9 days until Snooki & Stitch get neutered/spayed. I'm ecstatic. I love my little princess kitty to death, but am very ready for her to go home to Adam's. My decent sized apartment is seeming very small right now with 3 cats living there. Ferocious goes home to her mom's this month as well. Although she really is a wonderful cat, I'm ready to bid her farewell. She's become quite the handful lately with her sensitive stomach and digestive problems. I'll be relieved when cleaning up cat puke is no longer a regular part of my day. It'll also be nice to no longer have to focus on tuning out hissing and growling. Snooki & Ferocious aren't exactly the biggest fans of each other. Not to mention, neither of them are fans of their newest cat-mate, June. By the end of this month it'll be just me, my roommy & June. I couldn't be more excited!

My better half surprised me with a beautiful ring for New Years. It was the first time in my life that a boy bought me jewelry, so needless to say - I was very excited!

That's all for today, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're the best!