Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fashion at the Oscars

I know, I know, I know. I said no more fashion posts. But I'm a sucker for any opportunity that allows me to judge the fashion of others. Besides, nearly half of all of the bloggers that I follow wrote something about the best & worst dressed, and it got me all amped up! So here are my choices for the hotties & the notties...


Worst Dressed:



I'm not gonna tear this one apart too badly, because frankly....a part of me kind of likes this. A small part. But, that's why I don't claim to be a "fashion-guru". I think the top half of this dress is beautiful, feminine, and classy. The bottom half is where I start to get lost. It's almost as if this started as a shirt....and somewhere along the lines she got the brilliant idea to sew a table cloth to the bottom. I do love her hair though.
I almost feel bad about this dress bashing, because I do love me some Cate Blanchett....but this is too good to pass up. I feel like this dress would better suit the Evil Queen from Snow White. I do like the back, and it's figure flattering, but those are the only good things I have to say about this disaster.
I feel like this dress was just confused. It reminds me of something mid-evil that belongs at the Renaissance Festival. I feel like it would be acceptable if it lost that whole design thing it's got goin' on up top. It would be plain & boring....but acceptable.
She looks beautiful, and the dress flatters her post-baby bod', but I'm pretty sure that amount of cleavage is highly inappropriate for the Oscars. Tuck the twins in, Penelope. And the sequins really just ruin this...as if her tata's hadn't done a good enough job of that already.
I think this used to be her grandmothers bedspread. 'Nuff said.



Best Dressed:
Camila Alves looked so amazin! Her and Mcconaughey are one sexy couple! I loved the deep neckline! It brought just enough sexy & sassy while still remaining elegant!
This dress had very mixed reviews, but I just adore it. Amy Adam's always does a great job of displaying pure elegance. I actually really love the high neckline and capped sleeves. The color is gorgeous! The only thing I'd change is the necklace. I would have opted for some blinged out earings instead...but that's just me!
Oh, Sandra. She looks amazing! This dress is super figure flattering, and I love the top of the dress A LOT! She looked amazing! Way to rub it in Jesse's face, Sandy!
We all know how much I love Miley, but she does know her way around a wardrobe. She hit a homerun with this gorgeous gown! She was a total knockout! It was just the right amounts of glamorous, sexy and classy.
And last, but definitely not least: My absolute F A V O R I T E of the night! She looks so beautiful. The color flattered her skin & hair so perfectly! I love the lowcut neckline that avoided crossing into trashy, and the little hints of skin showing through down the skirt of the dress. This gown was absolutely amazing!


Well, kids. Those are my votes! Agree? Disagree? Let me know! I'd love to hear which dresses you had your eyes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're the best!