Friday, December 28, 2012

A Southern Christmas

Merry (late) Christmas, everyone! I hope your holiday was fabulous.
My parents and I drove down to Alabama to visit my sister & nephews. It was by far the best Christmas ever. My sister is my absolute best friend and I haven't seen her in almost 3 years. My nephews are my fave. ever and they're so different since I last saw them. They're 5 and 6 and absolutely perfect. We had beautiful 60-something degree weather most of the time, which was amazing compared to the 8 degrees I was missing out on back home in Minnesota. I was so happy to get to watch those beautiful little boys open their gifts Christmas morning. Gosh I've missed them so much! The biggest Christmas surprise of all was my sisters boyfriend, Dillon, proposed in front of both of our families. I'm so happy to welcome him to the family! Him and my sister are the cutest! The day was topped off with some delicious southern cooking. Our Christmas dinner consisted of turkey, ham, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes & gravy, corn bread stuffing, regular stuffing, peach cobbler pie and biscuits! Mmm-mmm!
 On our drive back we ran right into that dang blizzard in Illinois and got stranded in Vienna for the day/night. They had shut down the highway due to the extremely bad conditions. When we finally arrived back in Minnesota - a day later than planned - we got here just in time for like 12 straight hours of snow. Super. Thank you, Minnesota, for the fluffy, white, welcoming committee. I so could have done without.



Kentucky sunset


left | Damion - right | Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Damion

Silly faces with Jeffrey

Damion on Christmas morning



Damion & I

I miss them already. Luckily, my sisters wedding is officially set for June 1st, so I'll see them all again soon enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You're the best!