Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm praying for broken clocks tonight...

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.
--John Burroughs

I really couldn't agree with Mr. Burroughs more. I started a book weeks ago; I've yet to even make it through the first chapter - which, by the way, is not due to the books inability to hold my attention. I simply don't have enough time. The book, however, is the least of my worries. I find myself to be completely scatter brained lately. I forget EVERYTHING. I start one thought, and finish with another. Between having 2 jobs and working 50 hour weeks, taking care of my mom, watching my little brother and/or parents dogs all the time, church Wednesday nights, and managing to find a night or two each week to spend with my boyfriend, it's a rarity when I find a moment to spend on myself, let alone with my friends. It's sad when I notice the baby shower invite for a friend that's been on my fridge for far too long and realize I missed it by a long shot. It was a month ago.
I'm just beginning to feel like I'm missing out on so much, not only in my own life, but in the lives of those I care about. I've gotta find time in the next few weeks for a bachelorette party, a wedding, of course the shopping that goes with those two events alone, birthday present shopping, camping, and of course, my usual responsibilities.
It's summer time in Minnesota again. My favorite time of year. I haven't taken nearly as many walks as I'd like to; I haven't taken any pictures; I haven't camped once; I haven't stopped to smell a single flower. It's mildly depressing.
One of these weekends I need to dedicate to relaxation. Hiking. Pictures. Sun.
Perfect....

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're the best!