Thursday, October 28, 2010

With hard work & determination, this too, can be yours.

"Expecting life to treat you well because you were a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge at you because you are a vegetarian."
Shari R. Barr

I'm really tired of people thinking they deserve and/or are owed something because they're a "good" person. There are far too many that don't know/understand the significance of a hard earned dollar. They don't value money or objects as they should. So, you're not a hooker; you don't do drugs; you've never killed anybody; you attend church on Thanksgiving and Christmas; you think bunny rabbits and flowers are just the bee's knees. Well, by golly. Here's a Mercedes. I'm sorry, but life doesn't work that way. It's a shame that you were raised to think that it does.

Then there are those who think that life, or God, has placed a large target on their forehead inviting all bad and evil to be done to them. Life happens. Quit blaming everyone. Take responsibility for your actions, accept that things happen, and work for what you want. Earn it. You can't count on everything being yours, and everything going your way, just because you were a decent human being. Bad things happen to good people everyday. It's not life's plan to shit on you.

I feel like I need to break into a rendition of the Good Will Hunting scene - It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault....

Ok, enough.

Onto the hunky-dory life of moi.

Halloween is coming up. It's always been my favorite holiday. After Independence Day, of course. This year seems like it's going to be a disappointment already, though. I have not a single plan. I have a costume, but nowhere to wear it. How sad.

I bought myself a new car for my birthday a week and a half ago. 2004 Hyundai Elantra. It's a beaut. I had to donate every Saturday for the next year to work in order to pay it off, though. Yikes!

November 1st marks the beginning of a long, difficult road for me and my roommie. We're starting a diet. [[GASP!]] Yes, that's right. A diet. And we're even going to give exercise a go! I think I, I mean we, deserve a round of applause. I'll update how we're doing periodically.

Over-n-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're the best!